With Kanopy, give patrons anytime access to films that entertain, educate, & inspire
Kanopy offers more than 30,000 films, including critically acclaimed movies, inspiring documentaries, award-winning foreign films, and more.
Kanopy has something for everyone, including:
- Critically-acclaimed films from A24, Magnolia, NEON, Kino Lorber, and more
- Popular TV series like Staged, The Librarians, The Returned, The Chosen, Bad Banks, and The Prisoner
- Classics from Criterion and other key suppliers
- Kanopy Kids, a curated educational and entertainment collection just for children, complete with parental controls
- Lifelong learning with PBS
- A rich international selection representing cinema from around the world
- Movies in non-English languages
- Compelling documentaries
- Thousands of films that support your Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives
NEW: Discover Kanopy in Libby!
Kanopy displays in the Extras section of the Libby app alongside your library’s curated lists, catalog guides, and other streaming media services. After selecting Kanopy in Libby, users are directed to the Kanopy platform to learn more and get started.
Why add Kanopy?
Adding Kanopy helps your library meet demand for streaming video.
Streaming video enables you to reach and engage new users.
The affordable pay-per-use streaming model with simultaneous access is budget-friendly and flexible.
Kanopy uniquely provides public performance rights for many videos to support your library’s programming and events.
Kanopy Kids is a curated collection of age-appropriate content featuring the best children’s programming, including favorites from PBS Kids, Sesame Street, and more.
Visit Kanopy’s website or reach out to your OverDrive Account Manager.
With Kanopy, users can enjoy films on all their favorite devices—from desktop computers to mobile devices and Smart TVs, including Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, and more. If you’re interested in learning more, visit Kanopy’s website or reach out to your OverDrive Account Manager.