Databases & Streaming Media services
Entertain. Educate. Experience.
Engage your community with content that entertains, educates, and provides unique digital experiences. We’re excited to introduce a new category of content with resources for continuing education, entertainment, and much more.
In addition to the full collection of ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines you currently offer, users will be able to discover and access these new services through the Libby app (available under Extras). Visit OverDrive Marketplace to add these new Databases & Streaming Media services to your collection.
Databases & Streaming Media services now available (or coming soon) include:
- ArtistWorks provides world-class instruction for the most popular string and band instruments through self-paced video lessons from professional musicians.
- Craftsy is an online resource for all creative makers from basic instruction to advanced techniques for fabric and yarn crafts, baking, drawing, and much more.
- The Great Courses offers engaging and understandable lectures by esteemed professors, professionals, and experts in topics ranging from history, better living, science, language learning, and much more.
- iNDIEFLIX is a streaming movie service that offers access to pop culture favorites, box office hits, award-winning feature films, documentaries, and shorts.
- LawDepot offers legal forms in minutes with high-quality, easy-to-use, and completely customizable legal documents and templates.
- Learn It Live offers live and on-demand classes, quick tip videos, and programs for wellness and personal development.
- Method Test Prep provides users with comprehensive self-paced lessons and resources that help students prepare for, and score higher on, the SAT and ACT.
- Qello Concerts by Stingray is the world’s largest collection of full-length concerts and music documentaries streamed on-demand to just about any digital device.
- Universal Class brings libraries lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, many of which offer continuing education units (CEUs).
We plan to partner with additional providers to expand our offerings in the future.
*Content availability may vary by platform or geographic region. Contact your OverDrive Account Manager for more information.
Why expand your collection to include these new services?
- This is a great opportunity to reach new audiences! Patrons looking for test prep support or musical instrument instruction might not be your regular ebook borrower. Support more of your community by diversifying what they can access in Libby.
- By consolidating services under the umbrella of Libby, it makes it easier to discover the library’s digital offerings. Libby is the primary path for users to access this content so it’s conveniently in one place instead of multiple links.
- Build the bridge to tie-in your library’s existing programming in areas around skill building, language learning, crafting, and more with expanded digital resources.
- Easier management of platforms and services for your library, all within OverDrive Marketplace.