Your school + the public library = More reading
With Sora’s Public Library CONNECT feature, kids can access age-appropriate ebooks and audiobooks from the local public library in addition to their school’s digital collection using their existing school credentials.
The result of this game-changing integration? Students read more.
Benefits for schools:
- Seamless access to a wealth of ebooks & audiobooks
- Reduced wait times and a wider selection of titles
- Better reading experience, fostering a lifelong love of reading
- Student-focused tools and educator-focused insights
- Age-appropriate view of the public library digital collection
- Strengthened partnerships between schools and public libraries
Tips for a successful school & library partnership:
- Appoint an advocate or committee at both the library and the school to share promotional efforts and metrics
- Show students how to access the public library’s digital collection in Sora and how to log in – watch the how-to video!
- Work with the library to provide them student required reading title lists to help their curation and collection development
- Promote to your school community – students, educators, staff, and parents/caregivers
- Check out the Public Library CONNECT Best Practices Guide and the Marketing Kit for more!
Questions? Check out the FAQs or contact your OverDrive Account Manager.