readers with Libby
To help your library welcome more users to Libby, the legacy OverDrive app for iOS, Android, and Windows 8/10 was sunset on May 1, 2023.
This change simplifies how you promote your digital collection, train your staff, and support your users.
Users who try to access your library’s collection in the OverDrive app now see a message informing them they need to upgrade to Libby.
To help you promote Libby in your physical library, request a marketing kit that includes 250 Libby bookmarks and 500 Libby business cards.
Please note we will honor the first 100 requests. Please keep requests to one per library system.
Get the App
Download Libby to get started
We’ve got the answers
Learn all about Libby
Marketing & Outreach
Promote Libby to your users
Get marketing kits
Reasons to love Libby
Reading a magazine
Listening to an audiobook
Discovering your next favorite read
Browsing a catalog guide
- Easy onboarding for new users
- A unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Support for multiple library cards
- Direct user support from OverDrive
- Best-in-class ebook reader and audiobook player
- Wish list syncing
- Push notifications
- Support for multiple world languages
- Access to extra learning or entertainment resources (like Kanopy, Craftsy, Universal Class, Indieflix, and more) from your library
- Sonos speaker integration
- Shelf talkers to highlight librarian expertise
- Deep search and Notify Me features to increase user engagement
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support
Resources and next steps
Libby Marketing Materials
Libby Logos & Suggested Website Copy
Staff Announcement Template
User Training Presentation Templates
Visit Libby Help
Stay up to date with changes
We’re here to guide you every step of the way. Subscribe to our emails or blog to stay in the loop about upcoming changes.Sign up for our emails Subscribe to the Libby Life blog