Reaching more readers with Libby
We’re excited to take the next step with Libby and make it the primary way to enjoy your digital library. Our goal is to simplify how you talk about your OverDrive service and promote the best reading experience for everyone, Libby.
To achieve this goal, we are winding down the legacy OverDrive app. As a first step, we will remove the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store on February 23, 2022.
By the end of 2022, we plan to have most OverDrive app users migrated to Libby.
We’ll share details about the steps to transition users to Libby after we remove the OverDrive app from the app stores.
Get the App
Download Libby to get started
We’ve got the answers
Learn all about Libby
Marketing & Outreach
Promote Libby to your users
Get marketing kits
Reasons to love Libby
Reading a magazine
Listening to an audiobook
Browsing a catalog guide
Reading an ebook
Browsing a library list
- Easy onboarding for new users
- A unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Support for multiple library cards
- Direct user support from OverDrive
- Best-in-class ebook reader and audiobook player
- Wish list syncing
- Push notifications
- Support for multiple world languages
- Access to “Extras,” including streaming video services, educational courses, and more
- Sonos speaker integration
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support
What’s on the roadmap:
- Solutions for title recommendations
- More ways for libraries to communicate with their users
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s changing on February 23, 2022?
We plan to remove the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store on February 23, 2022.
New users who search for “Libby,” “OverDrive,” or other related keywords in the app stores will find only Libby.
How does the February 23, 2022 update affect existing OverDrive app users?
Existing OverDrive app users won’t be affected by this change. They can continue borrowing and downloading content in the OverDrive app. In addition, if an OverDrive app user needs to reinstall the app, they can do so from their app store.
Resources and next steps
Staff Announcement Template
Libby Logos & Suggested Website Copy
User Training Presentation Templates
Transition to Libby Marketing Kit