readers with Libby
To help your library welcome more users to Libby, we are sunsetting the legacy OverDrive app for iOS, Android, and Windows 8/10 on May 1, 2023.
This will simplify how you promote your digital collection, train your staff, support your users, and promote the best reading experience for everyone, Libby.
The OverDrive app was removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft Store on February 23, 2022.
Now, OverDrive app users are actively being encouraged to switch to Libby. They see a message in the app prompting them to make the switch with a link to a resource page about the transition to Libby.
In the weeks before the OverDrive app is discontinued, users will see a final notice reminding them to upgrade to Libby.
Beginning May 1, users who try to access your library’s collection in the app will see a message informing them they need to upgrade to Libby.
Get the App
Download Libby to get started
We’ve got the answers
Learn all about Libby
Marketing & Outreach
Promote Libby to your users
Get marketing kits
Reasons to love Libby
Reading a magazine
Listening to an audiobook
Discovering your next favorite read
Browsing a catalog guide
- Easy onboarding for new users
- A unified bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Support for multiple library cards
- Direct user support from OverDrive
- Best-in-class ebook reader and audiobook player
- Wish list syncing
- Push notifications
- Support for multiple world languages
- Access to extra learning or entertainment resources (like Kanopy, Craftsy, Universal Class, Indieflix, and more) from your library
- Sonos speaker integration
- Shelf talkers to highlight librarian expertise
- Deep search and Notify Me features to increase user engagement
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support
Resources and next steps
Transition to Libby Marketing Kit
Libby Logos & Suggested Website Copy
Staff Announcement Template
User Training Presentation Templates
Visit Libby Help
Stay up to date with changes
We’re here to guide you every step of the way. Subscribe to our emails or blog to stay in the loop about upcoming changes.Sign up for our emails Subscribe to the Libby Life blog