Library Staff Training
Fit learning into your busy schedule with access to on-demand training modules, downloadable PDFs, upcoming webinars, and tools to educate your staff and end users any time of day or night.
How-To Videos Marketplace
PART I: Getting Started with Marketplace
PART II: Searching for Titles in Marketplace
PART III: Refining and Understanding Marketplace Search Results
PART IV: Creating and Editing Carts in Marketplace
PART V: Reviewing and Purchasing Carts in Marketplace
PART VI: Databases & Streaming Media Services
Getting Started with Lending Models – PART I: Overview
Getting Started with Lending Models – PART II: One Copy One User (OCOU)
Getting Started with Lending Models – PART III: Metered Access (MA)
Getting Started with Lending Models – PART IV: Cost Per Circ
Getting Started with Lending Models – PART V: Simultaneous Use
Advantage and Advantage Plus
Managing Advantage in Marketplace
This 30-minute video will take you through Marketplace as an Advantage user.
Learn the subtle differences in searching for titles, running reports, and managing your collection from the Advantage perspective.
For more detailed information about the processes mentioned in this video, please feel free to reference:
- 00:18 What is Advantage Plus?
- 03:42 How to get started
- 05:47 Step 1: Enable Advantage Plus
- 09:15 Step 2: Create an Advantage Plus plan
- 15:45 Step 3: See results!
Deep Search and Notify Me
Deep Search and Notify Me in Libby
Notify Me Data in OverDrive Marketplace
Patron Interests Manager in OverDrive Marketplace
Patron Interests Dashboard in OverDrive Marketplace
Customizing the Libby layout page
Getting the Most Out of Weeding for Your Consortium
Getting the Most Out of Weeding for Your Advantage Library
Managing Marketplace Admin Tools
Merging User IDs
Getting Started with Local Content
User Login Manager
- Welcome/Introduction 0:00-1:13
- User Login Manager Settings Form 1:14-4:57
- CSV: Creating and uploading 4:58-7:01
- Upload Users 7:02-12:07
- Manage Users 12:08-16:52
- Resources 16:53-17:53
Managing MARC Express records
Holds and Automated Carts
Managing Holds in Marketplace
- 01:20 Use end-user support tools
- 02:50 Run a Current holds report
- 06:08 Complete an Advanced search
- 08:13 Create a Holds Manager plan
Automatic Weeding Plan & Smart List Overview
Bonus: download the accompanying PDF for a step-by-step guide you can print or reference quickly.
Managing Expired Metered Access Titles
- 00:32 What is a Metered Access title?
- 01:17 How do I find expired titles?
- 04:25 Do I have expired titles with holds?
- 09:13 How do I know if I have expired titles in my Advantage collection?
- 10:13 I have expired titles and can no longer purchase this version; however, they have holds. What do I do?
Automating Metered Access Titles
- 00:30 How can I combine expiring titles into one cart?
- 02:17 How can I utilize automated carts to quickly find and manage Metered Access titles?
- 08:22 How do I automatically weed expired titles?
Managing Recommended Titles in Marketplace
- Overview of Recommended Titles - 0:00-2:08
- The patron recommendation experience - 2:09-3:45
- Using the Recommended titles report - 3:46-6:23
- Creating an automated Recommend to Library plan - 6:23-14:08
Automating Carts: Create Smart Lists
- 0:17 Overview
- 02:13 How to get started
- 03:03 Add Smart List
- 03:36 User demand and budget
- 06:13 Smart List specifics
- 16:00 Scheduling
Automating Carts: Create a Holds Manager Plan
- 00:11 Overview
- 00:55 How to get started
- 01:40 Create a new plan
- 02:10 User demand and budget
- 07:10 Collection development policies
- 11:40 Scheduling
Automating Carts: Create a Recommend to Library Manager Plan
- 00:12 Overview
- 01:35 How to get started
- 02:19 Create a new plan
- 02:43 User demand and budget
- 06:00 Collection development policies
- 08:36 Scheduling
Curation and Reports
Adding Shelf Talkers
Marketplace Insights: Patron Interests
Curating Lists for Your Digital Library
Lucky Day: Designating titles and creating collections in OverDrive Marketplace
Curating Magazine Collections
Marketplace Insights Tab for Libraries
This video covers the Insights tab, which is a high-level overview of your library's digital collection.
Marketplace Insights: Running Popular Reports for Libraries
This video covers the following reports:
Create a quote
Purchase, review, and pay for content credit