Category: K-12 Schools
Advantage Filtering: Advantage Collection User
Advantage Filtering: Shared Collection User
Create a quote
View Student Reading Data in the Student Dashboard
Create Classes in the Student Dashboard
Note: for the steps to using a class roster, please view our Self-Paced Training module here.
Enable the Student Dashboard
Student Dashboard Overview
AudioFile and OverDrive present: SYNC Audiobooks for Teens (April 2023)
SYNC is a free summer audiobook program for teens 13+ that gives participants two thematically paired audiobooks each week for fourteen weeks. Titles are all available worldwide and change every Thursday at midnight Eastern Time during the season.
Join speakers from AudioFile and OverDrive as they discuss the benefits of audiobooks, preview titles from this year’s offerings, and demonstrate how to access the titles with Sora, the student reading app.
Visit audiobookSYNC.com to register for the SYNC program and download the Sora app from your favorite app store by searching “Sora, by OverDrive.”
View and Pay Invoices in Marketplace
Sora for Every Reader
Sora Essentials: The Reader Experience
This session is primarily a demonstration of the user experience in Sora, the student reading app. Students and educators have access to all of the same great features within the app.
- Introduction 0:00-0:39
- Getting to know Sora 0:40-3:50
- How do you sign in? 3:51-5:12
- Live demonstration 5:13-30:33
- Five ways Sora serves students 30:34-32:22
- Next steps & resources 32:23-35:09
Customize your digital collection with Advantage
Sora & Marketplace Connections: Top 10 Tips from a Trainer (October 2022)
Marketplace Connections: It’s About Access (September 2022)
Sora Connections: It’s About Access (August 2022)
Ensuring students have access to the right books and learning materials is more important than ever. Did you know that Sora automatically filters which digital books students can read, based on their login? Or that students can instantly expand their access to hundreds more digital titles from the public library in Sora?
Join OverDrive experts to learn more about what’s happening behind-the-scenes, how your digital collection is already working to individualize access, and how Sora appears for different user types. Explore benefits of a Public Library CONNECT partnership, and receive tips and tricks for implementation across your entire school community.
Expand Your Chinese Content Catalog (August 2022)
Sora Overview (Español)
Sora Overview (English)
Note: This video offers English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Simplified Chinese closed captions.
Sora Connections: Making the Most of Your School Breaks (May 2022)
- Explore how Sora and other no-cost resources can support students 24/7
- Increase student equity, access, and engagement with Sora – even when school isn’t in session!
- Ensure their school is set up for success with Sora before students leave the building
Lending Models: Simultaneous Use
World Literary Tour: Spotlight on OverDrive’s Spanish-Language Catalog (May 2022)
- OverDrive’s Spanish catalog and featured Latin-American and European authors
- Shopping and selecting Spanish-language titles in OverDrive Marketplace
- Featured collections on the World Literary Tour schedule and where to find them
Marketplace Connections: Advocate for Your Digital Collection with Data and Insights (April 2022)
Join OverDrive experts to learn how to prepare a collection of reports that demonstrate the impact of your school’s digital collection. In this session, you’ll learn to:
- Run impactful reports to advocate for budget, access, and recognition.
- Improve workflow with SmartCarts and other automated features.
- Dive into data on usage, interest, and the health of your collection.
Sora Connections: Beyond Ebooks & Audiobooks (March 2022)
Ready to take the next steps with Sora? Learn simple, straightforward ways to implement digital formats such as comics & graphic novels, read-alongs, magazines, and Extras into your current teaching practices and curriculum.
This Sora Connections session is intended for educators with a basic understanding of Sora who want to:
- Explore the evolving relationship between print and digital reading strategies
- Increase student equity, access, and engagement with unique digital formats
- Implement digital habits into your daily classroom practices